Monday, January 16, 2012

Crim Law

So I guess I should update before I start this new week of bar prep class.  Saturday's to do list was (including what I was behind on):

-  Crim Law Lecture
-  Review Crim Law notes
-  Read 1/2 of Crim Procedure in the CMR
-  Read Evidence in the CMR
-  Read the Procedure and Evidence Supplement
-  Answer and Submit July 09' MPT
-  Real Property Set 4 MPQ1
-  Answer and Submit Property #50
-  Gym

I leave for the Crim Law lecture with time to stop at Starbucks to get their oatmeal and my Earl Gray Tea Latte.  I sit down and in the class and start adding everything to my oatmeal and eating.  I few minutes before the video starts I realize that I do not have my lecture handout (I have ripped all my lecture handouts apart and put them in a binder).  Upon realizing this I ask the hotel staff how much it would be to make a copy.  Because I am not a guest of the hotel it is $0.10 a page.  I said no thank you and went home to watch the video.

Watching the video at home is not too much of a problem.  I do not have anything pulled up on my computer except the video.  The problem comes when people in my family who are home start asking me where the control to the DVD player is.  They do apologize for interrupting me but still it is rather annoying to have to stop the video and go to the living room for them to say as soon as I walk in, "oh never mind we found it".

After the video, I move straight to the Property set.  This seems to be a mistake because my score dropped 3 points from the Property set 3.  This did not make me feel so good and has me  little worried.  I decided to make flash cards to help remember the estates in land...they are my neimsis.

Next I answer and submit the Property question.  It should be interesting when the grades come back because part of the questions seemed to be on community property.  The question talked about a divorce and the judge giving the estate to the wife then the husband tries to sell it by a quitclaim deed.  I honestly do not remember much of community property, but I answered the question as best as I could.

I went the the gym and comedy club that night.

On Sunday I slept in until 8 am (gasp so late).  I had trouble getting myself to start working but eventually finished the rest of my work.  The MPT that I had to submit was actually a little easy, except drafting the headings.  I hated drafting headings in legal writing also.  I am working on the MPT and my parents come in and start trying to talk to me.  I snip at them when they ask one question saying that I am doing a timed practice and it isn't  good time to talk.  I apologized after for snipping and they said it was fine and they didn't realize I was doing something that was timed.

Well, it is time for me to get ready to go to class today.  Hope everyone had a good weekend (or a good day off, weekends consist of 2 days not one)!

No comments:

Post a Comment