Friday, December 2, 2011

BarBri AMP...lets AMP it up with bar prep

So I guess bar prep is now going in full force.  Yesterday I received an email about the new step 1 from BarBri.  It is called Barbri AMP.  AMP stands for accelerated memory performance.  I am kinda liking it because you answer a bunch of questions on various topics until you get them right.  It seems daunting that the estimated time from Barbri is 30 hours.  I am a bit disappointed that AMP is not available on the app.  The lectures I was listening to are available again, but I do not know if they are the same ones I was working with earlier or if I need to listen to them over again.  I will probably listen to them over again (as it seems some things are still not sticking).

I started BarBri AMP last night by working on Torts.  Torts is supposed to take approximately 5 hours, and I think that will be close to the time that it will take.  I have completed 4 of the 6 Torts sections, and plan to finish the last 2 Torts sections when I am done blogging.  I probably should have listened to the 2 hour lecture before working on the AMP part, but whatever.  I'll listen to it (if it's not the one I've already listened to) after I finish the 2 sections.  I think for the rest I'll start by listening to the lecture.

I do not understand why the Barbri app has lectures available but the Barbri website does not have lectures.  My 35 pound box of books also shipped today.  Good luck to everyone who is studying.  Remember to stay on top of it!  Time for me to finish torts.

2 comments:

  1. ive been doing barbri amp as well and i did torts without looking at the outline and it took a long time because of the little nuances.

    im not sure if we should review before beginning each section and barbri provides no guidance.

    I started reading the outline once before starting each subject and i noticed i cut my time probably by half and get way more correct. i guess at least this way i get an extra reading of the outline done, which should help retain info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan, I wish we had been given some direction. Good luck studying!

    ReplyDelete